Task Force Description
We envision Lawrence Township with multiple town centers, each with its unique combination of offices, homes, stores, and civic entertainment functions, offering a large portion of the Town's population the opportunity to spend time in their own neighborhood without having to travel long distances.
Henry Braun, 609-896-9558
Group Messaging (help)
Action Items & Goals
Town centers will be:
- Mixed use developments
- Human in scale, (welcoming, vibrant, meeting basic needs)
- Pedestrian and bike-friendly
- Serve as transportation hubs
- Green construction
- Town square/Green for gatherings
Public Transportation will be:
- System of local and regional services
- Local routes connect neighborhoods to town centers, schools, etc.
- Regional Routes are part of Mercer Middlesex Rapid Transit (BRT) system.
- Connects to route 1 centers (employment), Trenton, Princeton, train stations (Trenton, Hamilton, Princeton Junction).
- Town centers include attractive and convenient BRT stations.
- Vehicles are fully accessible and zero or near-zero emissions.
- Fare collection is electronic (Like EZ pass) and low cost.
- Roads retrofitted to allow BRT to bypass congestion and provide competitive travel times.